Medical Waste Disposal

Medical waste refers to all types of waste materials generated at health care facilities like hospitals, clinics, dentist offices, physician’s offices, nursing homes, blood bank and collection centers, animal houses, as well as laboratories and research organizations. Medical waste disposal should be proper and it makes great sense to recycle some recyclable medical waste.


Medical wastes are classified into different categories as follows:

– General waste: wastes that do not pose any hazard, e.g. office paper, wrapper, kitchen waste etc.
– Pathological and anatomical waste: human tissues, organs, blood, fluids, body parts and animal carcasses etc.
– Infectious waste: waste capable of transmitting bacterial, viral or parasitical diseases, such as used bandages, swabs, disposable medical devices or laboratory cultures of infectious agents.
– Sharps waste: needle, syringes, scalpels, knives, blades etc.
– Chemical waste: laboratory reagent, disinfectants, batteries etc.
– Radioactive waste: products contaminated by radionuclides
– Pharmaceutical waste: unused and/or expired medicines or drugs.
– Genotoxic waste: highly hazardous, such as waste containing cytotoxic drug




Improper management of medical waste brings potential danger of getting infected or injured to health care facility staff, patients, waste handler and even the general public, it might also pollute the environment. It is very important that all health care wastes are appropriately sorted and segregated at generation, treated and disposed of in a safe manner.


According to WHO (World Health Organization), out of all the generated health care waste, only about 15% is hazardous, the remaining 85% is general waste which is non-hazardous. No matter if it is a safe disposal of the hazardous portion of medical waste, or the recycling of the non- hazardous, size reduction is an essential step. PROSINO range of products includes various shredders and granulators, which will help you with size reduction for the medical waste. Contact us to get an optimal solution for your size reduction needs, or simply send us email at for more details.


Quick links:

The Harm of Improper Disposal of E-waste

Hotel Waste Recycling

Grocery Store and Supermarket Waste Recycling

Problems related with Waste Tire Disposal



We collect information from you when you fill out an inquiry or contact form. When submitting the form on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and contact details such as: e-mail address, mailing address and/or phone number, etc. Alternatively, you can choose not to complete our forms and visit our site anonymously. Any of the information we collect from you may be used to help us to better respond to your individual needs, and/or enable us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs. The email address you provided may also be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your inquiry and/or order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.


PROSINO SHREDDER does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.


By using our site, you consent to our online privacy policy. If we decide to change our privacy policy, we will post those changes on this page. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policy, please e-mail or mail your question to us at 1206 Yinzhou Shanghui Nan Lou, 1299 Yinxian Avenue, Yinzhou District, Ningbo 315192, P.R. China.



Our web site has links to many other organizations with their permission. Upon leaving the SINOSHREDDER web site, you are subject to the privacy policy of the new site which are not under our control. PROSINO SHREDDER is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. These links are provided to you as a service for you to better understand the different business relationships that SINOSHREDDER has established, and/or to point the reader to other possible relevant resources.